SMOOTHLY RUNNING GARAGE DOORS
Older doors tend to be louder and more dangerous, less secure, and more expensive to maintain in the long run. The door should be checked regularly and if needed, serviced or repaired. Without regular maintenance, the doors will deteriorate, one minor repair cannot compensate for years of neglected maintenance. You could well end up saving money with a new door, rather than trying to patch up your old one. Consider the following advantages of a well maintained, smoothly operating garage door:
- Security. An old, unchecked garage door is vulnerable to intruders, as it might not lock completely, and is much easier for intruders to break into.
- Safety. A faulty garage door can cause serious injury to the user or bystanders. Broken springs, metal pieces, and even unfortunately timed malfunctions can make an old garage door into a hazard.
- Curb Appeal. a new and beautiful garage door is an aesthetic focal point on the home’s facade. A well designed door can change the whole appearance of the building.
- Quiet operation. a well tuned door is quiet and does not wake the neighbors. Any owner of an aging door can attest to the magnitude of noise made by old doors. If you keep all the parts working right, your door will be quiet as a mouse.
- Always reliable. A clean and well maintained door will stay in good condition much longer than a neglected one. The better cared for it is, the longer its operational days will last.
Be warned, attempting garage door maintenance without an experienced professional can be dangerous and cause serious injury. It is generally accepted that even the boldest of DIY fixer-uppers should not attempt major repairs on their own.
STEPS TO CARRYING OUT MAINTENANCE
However, neglecting your door may cause small problems to seriously damage the door over time, which could lead to dangerous malfunctions, or render the door unusable. Replacing the faulty door saves hassle, but regular maintenance, when done well, will save you money in the long term. To keep your door in tip-top condition, you might need to spend some time performing routine maintenance tasks. Better yet, call All Four Seasons Garage Doors Riverdale GA! Here are a few of the maintenance actions we take on the doors we service:
- Keep moving parts lubricated to allow smooth movement.
- Tighten up loose hardware.
- Test the door’s balance, if it’s not in equilibrium, it may cause more damage quickly.
- Inspect the rollers. These rollers could be steel or nylon. If you use the garage more than average, you might have to replace these rollers every 6-7 years or so.
- Replace the Weather stripping if it appears cracked.
- Inspect the cables but always keep a safe distance.
- Clear the debris from door tracks.
While certain maintenance needs can be served by the layperson, many require expert work. When in doubt, err on the side of caution and call for professional help. We offer expert assistance at a reasonable price. Our $20 service call could make the difference between spending a small amount on repairs, or spending a large amount on a new door. We offer expert installation and maintenance, our experts can be quickly dispatched. We like to say that “We are Big enough to serve, small enough to care.”
Enjoy our list of free offerings, from estimates and coupons to e-books and special packages!
This summer, save on our best combo: garage doors and garage door openers!
TRY ON A DOOR
$20 SERVICE CALL
Home of the $20 service call! Stop guessing and get answers. Ask our experts and start improving your home today!